Eat, Drink, Be Healthy

I'm starting a new journey. I want to learn to eat healthy and exercise more. Sometimes I'll do really well at it, other time I will just go eat chocolate and popcorn if I want. Here I go!

Thursday, March 23, 2006

baby steps

It's all about baby steps.
Today I had my oatmeal as usual, and instead of bringing leftover pizza to work for lunch, I had all-natural applesauce, turkey, and an apple. And I went to the park to walk! Woohoo! It felt good. It's really fun when I have my iPod except half the time I just want to start singing out loud.
I didn't really like the park I went to though, too many stupid geese. I hate geese. There's a cool park near downtown that I'll have to go to again soon.

My nephew keeps asking me if I've climbed any mountains yet....I haven't. But I decided that I'm going to plan on climbing one this summer. My roommate already said she'd go with me. It'll be fun. I'll keep on getting in shape and when it gets warmer I'll go on some short hikes.

That's one of the cool things about Colorado, there are so many places to go hiking. I have a whole book full of hikes just along the foothills. There's a ten mile hike I want to do; I need someone to come with me though. Five miles is the most I'll go by myself. I can't wait til it gets warm!
Until then, I will stick with walking at the park and using the elliptical machine.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home